Thursday 6 November 2014

Great War Reproductions

When I first got bitten by the WWI bug I had just acquired my grandfather's ammunition pouches. I soon found that finding original artifacts to complete my collection of two items would be hard and expensive. Then I discovered the growing world of reproductions. For the last two years I've had the privilege of assisting the Californian company, What Price Glory, as they develop a line of Canadian equipment reproductions. Since I live in Canada I have had a relatively easy time doing research at national museums.

In this blog I wish to present some of my favourite WPG reproductions as well as to show some of my own efforts and further research. The more access people like myself can have to good photos and useful knowledge the better.

My first research project was to find the details and measurements of the Oliver Pattern yoke and straps to complement the belt and ammunition pouch that What Price Glory was starting to produce. I give a photo of the completed equipment here:


I will give details of this and other equipment in future posts. For those with an interest to see more now check my blog on Great War Canadian uniforms at leathersatchels.blogspot.ca 

         

Those of you who have not connected with this company's collection can reach it by clicking on the address below.

                                    http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopaff.asp?affid=1497





No comments:

Post a Comment